Thursday, April 14, 2011

2. Flush Away

I’m always looking for a Re-boost!  I search for extremes to detoxify my attitude and lack of self motivation.  It became very easy for me to drown my own thoughts and stress with a drink or two a night.   That glass became a thick surface between me and my reality.  No one has to tell me that “Denial” is written all over my face.  But I do know that an Unhealthy Lifestyle by no means will strengthen MyBackbone. 
I’ve always struggled to accept the Curvaceous Latin figure I was blessed with.  You know the typical wide hips, big butt and petite upper body.   Add two kids to the equation you have a lot of stretching & tearing of what use to be a smooth skin surface.  P.S. I am an emotional eater so that doesn’t help either.  So when people say, “Wow, I can’t believe you have two kids” My response is, “I wasn’t blessed with good genes, I work HARD for it”. 
You name the diet, I’ve done it.   From Diet Pills, the Atkins, Blue Print Cleanse (Detox), calorie counting, weight watchers, hiring a trainer, training for a half marathon, P90x, Insanity, Jillian Michaels, Boot-Camp, Considering Plastic Surgery (Tummy Tuck), countless sports, becoming a Vegetarian and last but not least the Cinch.  It wasn’t until I gave birth to Nathan that I really wanted to take control of my body image & weight in a healthy matter.  My top picks in losing weight are a combination of Weight Watchers and the Cinch while working out minimum three days a week.  Thru this lifestyle you learn the “How to Eat the Perfect Meals and Portions”.  Nothing feels better than feeding your mind and soul the proper dose without adding on the pounds.
Not only are my jeans snug but Money $$ is tight, I don’t eat all Organic, but if I could, I would.  I try to eat all Natural foods without hormones and pesticides.  Trader Joes is now added to my LIKE button.  Shopping at TJ’s makes this task, 100 times easier.  You go in there trusting the food and ingredients of the products.  No wasting time reading labels and its good eating on a budget.  It’s cheaper than Whole Foods and other Fresh Markets around town.   I’ve made grocery shopping a fun outing for the boys since TJ’s has miniature shopping carts, balloons and lollipops.  Saves me a trip to the park and the candy store.   Where there is a Happy Kid there is ALWAYS a Happy Mom.      
In my upcoming posts, I’ll blog about Cinch Recipes/pics, my half lived running career, my future challenge as a Zumba Instructor and more Lifestyle changes I’ve made to Flush Away the stress and pounds.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know I am not the only one who's felt like this. Thanks for sharing Vi.

    ReplyDelete