Thursday, May 5, 2011

14. Whipped


In Honor of Cinco de Mayo!!

Hostess with the Mostess!  Carnival Fever is in my blood. I’m in the scene and love a good time. Before my daytime career as a mom and an accountant (sigh), I was a Mad Scientist behind concoctions of Happy Juice (alcoholic beverages). 
  Bartending through my college years may seem Glamorous for some but Hands Down the hardest job I’ve taken upon. Bar tending is fun but don’t underestimate the work and skill behind it: 12 hour shifts, on your feet the whole night, harassment no longer becomes a compliment, no breaks other than to use the restroom, you can stuff down some food in between breaks but then the risk of getting bloated and not looking sexy in that belly shirt (So not worth it!), your shoes and hands get super sticky from all the spills and you are most likely sleep deprived and deaf by the end of the night. 
I considered myself the best bartender since I was overly generous with my counts in pouring.  But for those guys that crossed me the wrong way I was extra generous with my spit in their drinks. Word!



I’ve been enjoying the art of entertaining since I’ve moved to my new home.  I love to find and try new drinks to serve at my get togethers.  My all time favorite drinks no matter the occasion are Café Patron (chilled) and Coconut Ciroc. 

Recently, my mom introduced me to my New Ultimate Pick of the Month:
PINNACLE VODKA WHIPPED.  Taste just like Whipped Cream.  Take it as a shot or mix it in with Cranberry Juice or Tonic.  YUM-O!  The vodka brand has other flavors such as Cotton Candy and Butterscotch.  Let me know if you have tried and have any favorite flavors from this brand...??

Next Month I plan to Wind it Down with a brand of wine called Mommy’s Time Out.  A well deserved break I say.



No comments:

Post a Comment